Monday, October 8, 2012

Roasted Butternut Squash

I've seen so many recipes lately that include butternut squash ('tis the season) that I really wanted to give it a try.  I knew it would have to be over a weekend since it usually takes too much time for a work night dinner. Thankfully, I had today (Columbus Day) off and B had a play date with a friend so I had some extra time to cook.  I made the butternut squash for tomorrow night's side dish and will just quickly re-heat it tomorrow.  The hardest part of this recipe is the peeling and cutting of the tough butternut squash!  After that was done, the rest is a breeze!  I found the recipe here and I have sampled 1 piece.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's dinner already!!


Ingredients:
1 medium butternut squash
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, smashed & minced
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
Pam Spray, for cookie sheet

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Peel and chop squash into 2" pieces and place in bowl
Add other ingredients & toss
Spray cookie sheet with a little Pam and spread squash evenly on tray
Roast in oven for 35-45 minutes, until tender, turning 1x during cooking
Serve immediately


No comments:

Post a Comment