Thursday, October 25, 2012

Crispy Parmesan Rosemary Potatoes

I'm always looking for different ways to make potatoes.  I think it makes me feel like since I'm making them a different way, it's not so bad that I have them so much!  :-)  What can I say, I love potatoes! 
Anyway, I had a girlfriend over for dinner last night and made my chicken stuffed with spinach & cheese.  I wanted a potato that would go nicely with that.  I found this recipe and thought it sounded perfect.  The potatoes were amazing and had a great texture.  I'm guessing it's the cornmeal that gave it the texture (I've never used it before) but these are worth trying!  Hardest part is remembering to use a hot pad when removing the steaming hot skillet from the oven.  Thankfully, no burns last night! 

(Here are the potatoes after they came out of the oven)
 (Here's the full meal)

Ingredients:
2 lbs red potatoes
2 tbsp cornmeal
2 tbsp grated Parmesan
2 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 c olive oil
2 tbsp fresh minced rosemary leaves
8-10 garlic cloves, peeled

Directions:
Cut each pototo into quarters and put them in a pot of cold, salted water.  Bring the water to a boil and boil for 8-10 minutes.  Drain in a colander.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
In a small bowl, combine cornmeal, Parmesan, Salt & Pepper
Remove potatoes from colander and put in a large bowl.  Sprinkle with cornmeal mixture and toss to coat. 
In a large cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet, heat olive oil, garlic and rosemary.  Heat for 1 minute, stirring frequently until fragrant. 
Add seasoned potatoes to skillet and gently stir to coat.  Place skillet on bottom rack of oven for 15 minutes.  Carefully flip potatoes and put back in oven for another 10-15 minutes. 
Remove from pan and serve. 




No comments:

Post a Comment