Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Veggie Pasta Salad

I was looking for something light to serve with a weekend of food events (M smoked a brisket; salmon and pork shoulder for a house full of guests!).  The appealing part of this recipe was the make-it-yourself dressing.  It is really easy and delicious!!  I found the recipe here and made some adjustments based on personal tastes in terms of the veggies & adding cheese but the dressing was followed exactly.  I doubled the dressing and only put a little on when I made it.  I added a little more each time we served it which worked well to not have it be too much at one time.

Ingredients
12 oz bow tie pasta
1 package cherry tomatoes
2 medium zucchini
1 medium broccoli crown
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 medium ball mozzerella cheese
Dressing
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/4 c olive oil
1/3 c red wine vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt / Pepper
Directions
Cook pasta according to package instructions.  When it's done, drain. 
Cut up and prepare veggies.  I ended up grilling my zucchini (marinated in a little EVOO and salt/ pepper).  All other veggies I just washed & cut up.
Cut mozzerella into bite size pieces
While the pasta is cooling, prepare the vinaigrette
Combine the pasta; veggies & cheese in a large bowl.  Drizzle with the vinaigrette.  Refrigerate until you're ready to serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment