Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pesto Pasta Salad with Roasted Asparagus, Cherry Tomatoes and Olives

I was looking for a pasta salad to serve at the river with dinner.  I found the recipe here and thought the sound of pesto was perfect!  The original recipe called for green beans and kalamata olives.  I omitted the beans because when I went to the store, they just didn't look very crisp.  I subbed regular sliced black olives for the kalamata.  The cherry tomatoes were a late add (even though the recipe called for them).  I don't like tomatoes but the dish definitely needed a little more color.  I didn't roast the tomatoes (as the original recipe called for) but I think it turned out really nice.



Pesto Pasta Salad with Roasted Asparagus, Cherry Tomatoes and OlivesServes 8

Ingredients
  • 1 lb mini ravioli or tortellini (I used 3 cheese spinach ravioli)
  • 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp tuscany seasoning (or other Italian blend)
  • 8 oz black olives, sliced
  • 1/2 cup pesto
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (I used fresh grated)
  • salt and black pepper, to taste

Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 450. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
  2. While the water is coming to a boil, toss the asparagus with the olive oil, tuscany seasoning, salt and black pepper. Spread out onto one or two parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender and starting to brown/shrivel.
  3. Toss the pasta with the veggies, olives, pesto, and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment