Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Caesar Salad Dressing

We were invited to a friend's house for a BBQ and I offered to bring the salad.  I wanted to try making a homemade Caesar dressing and found one here.  I had high hopes of making my own croutons too but that will have to wait for a non-work night!  The recipe is delicious but way too creamy / thick!  We ended up thinning it with milk and that worked well.  I made it again last night and think I've perfected the right amount of milk.  I make it with low fat mayo and 1% milk which is a plus for a few less calories!


Ingredients:
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp anchovy paste (found near tuna fish in your grocery store)
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup Mayo (I use low fat Hellmans)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
(I added about 1/2 cup of 1% milk)

Directions:
In a medium bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients
Add the Mayo, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and whisk until blended
Add milk, a little at a time, to get to a consistency of your liking
I chill mine for about an hour then add to the salad
I put fresh slices of Parmesan cheese on top of the salad to garnish

No comments:

Post a Comment