Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mushroom & Jalapeno "Poppers"


I was in the mood for mushrooms on Sunday so I decided to create a little appetizer.  They turned out pretty good but could use more "kick" next time.  I only used 1 jalapeno & I stripped the seeds from it.  I may include some seeds next time to give it a little more flavor. 
The measurements are estimates because I just eye-balled everything. 


Mushroom & Jalapeno "Poppers"
Ingredients
1-1/2 c diced mushrooms (I used baby bella & button mushrooms)
1 jalapeno (seeds & membranes removed), diced
1-2 tbsp butter (or margarine)
1/4 c shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
8 wonton wrappers
Canola Oil for frying
Directions
In a medium pan, melt butter and add mushrooms & jalapeno.  Saute over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes (until water is out of mushrooms)
Add shredded cheese to pan but don't allow it to melt too much.  Stir to mix together.
I lightly moisten my wonton edges with a little water to help them "stick" together.  Assmble wontons with a little filling in each, fold into a triangle & press edges together to "seal".
Heat canola oil in larger pan over medium high heat.  Place wontons into oil and allow to brown on each side, approx 1 minute per side.
Place on a paper towel to allow oil to drain off & serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment