Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chicken with Mushrooms


I had boneless skinless chicken to use up and a baggie of various mushrooms.  I did a Google search and came across this one.  It was really easy to throw together and I think it tasted great!  I served it with broccoli and some buttered noodles (the "sauce" & mushrooms over the noodles was pretty yummy!).  An easy work night meal! 


Chicken with Mushrooms
Ingredients:
3 cups of mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bella and button mushrooms)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded
1 egg beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp butter (I used olive oil)
6 oz mozzarella cheese
3/4 c chicken broth
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place half the mushrooms in a 9x13 pan.
Dip chicken in egg then in bread crumb mixture
In a skillet, heat the butter (or oil) and brown the chicken on each side.  Put chicken in 9x13 pan.
Cover with other half of mushrooms; sprinkle on cheese and pour in chicken broth.
Cook for 30-35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment