Sunday, September 29, 2013

Banana Walnut Muffins

I buy bananas almost every week to have as a snack at work.  I had a few extra the last few weeks and always feel bad just throwing them out.  This week, I decided to find a recipe that was sort-of healthy and use them up.  I found this recipe and added some walnuts to the mix.  I just had one with my breakfast and it was very moist and tasty!  These are quick and easy to throw together too!


Ingredients:
1 c flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 c applesauce (I used cinnamon apple sauce)
2 bananas, mashed
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c sugar
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 355 degrees F
Grease muffin tins or use paper liners
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt in a medium bowl
In a different bowl, mix sugar, egg, banana and vanilla extract.  Blend well then add the applesauce
Slowly combine the 2 mixtures and blend well
Scoop batter into muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment