Monday, February 3, 2014

Cajun Chicken Puffs

We had some people over for Super Bowl and I wanted to try some new appetizers.  I found this one on Pinterest and thought it looked easy enough but good.  It takes some time if you bake the chicken yourself (you could buy already cooked chicken to speed up the process).  I baked mine with some Cajun seasoning.  The original recipe is for a Garlic chicken but I wanted a little more kick.  I thought these were just "ok" when I had them for Super Bowl.
I made a 2nd batch today and kicked it up a little by adding very little cream cheese, a bit of light Mayo, maybe 3-4 tbsp of Mexican shredded cheese and a few dashes of Rockfish Johnnies Hot Sauce.  I also cut the triangles in half to make the dough smaller.  I think these were perfect!
If you haven't tried Rockfish Johnnies, you're missing out on some really great hot sauce!  You can purchase it from their website or learn where to buy it in certain stores.

Here's what they looked like on Super Bowl.

Here's what they looked like today:

Recipe (for the spicier version):
2 oz cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
1/2 c cooked shredded chicken (I seasoned mine with Cajun spice)
2 (8 oz) cans refrigerator crescent rolls (I used low fat)
1-1/2 tbsp light mayo
3-4 tbsp shredded Mexican spiced cheese
A few dashes of Rockfish Johnnies Hot Sauce

Instructions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees
Mix cream cheese, chicken, mayo, shredded cheese and hot sauce until well blended
Unroll crescent rolls.  They are already pre-cut into triangles.  Using a sharp knife, cut each triangle in half to form 2 triangles.  
Place a small amount of chicken mixture in each small triangle and roll up.  
Place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil & sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Bake at 375 for 11-14 minutes, until the rolls are a golden brown.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment