Saturday, November 9, 2013

Roasted Root Vegetables

I was in the cafe at work a few weeks ago and overheard someone asking if a certain ingredient was parsnips.  I was curious what they even were so I google'd recipes with parsnips and found this one.  Intrigued, I had to try it with my dinner that night!  I had some left over brussel sprouts from the night before so I threw them in too!  The side dish is really nice, colorful and tasted great!  This would be a great Fall dish!


Ingredients:
3 medium carrots, peeled, washed and cut into small bite size pieces
2 medium red potatoes, washed and cut into bite size pieces
1/4 lb brussel sprouts, washed & halved
1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
1 medium sweet potato, peeled & cut into bite size pieces
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Dried spices - I used Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
In a large bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil, seasoning, salt & pepper
Spread vegetables in a 9x13 pyrex baking dish
Roast in oven for about 40 minutes or until the veggies are tender.  Stir them a couple of times while baking.



No comments:

Post a Comment