Sunday, May 12, 2013

Oven Fried Pickles

I was in Annapolis a couple weekends ago and had fried pickles as an appetizer.  I was craving them ever since and decided to try a recipe I found here.  Oh.My.Goodness...these are ridiculously good!!  Unfortunately, they take a bit of time to make with all the dipping, but, soooo worth it!!  I had to improvise on the batter because I didn't have all of the needed ingredients.  My recipe below is what I used.
I also didn't have the ingredients for the dip that is also on that site but I made something with some sour cream, mayo, dash of milk and some spices.  I won't put that dip on here since it was all thrown together but I think the one on the original site would be really good too!

Ready for the oven

All done...and delicious!

Ingredients:
2 whole dill pickles, sliced into 1/4" rounds
1/4 c corn starch
1/4 c all purpose flour
1 egg
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 c whole wheat Italian bread crumbs
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
3 tbsp olive oil, divided

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Get 3 small shallow bowls out.  In the first, put the corn starch and flour.  In the 2nd, put the egg & dijon.  In the 3rd, put the bread crumbs, cumin and onion powder (mix together).
Dip the pickles in corn starch / flour; then the egg / dijon then the bread crumbs.  Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with a little Pam.
Once you have all the pickles on the baking sheet, put a dab of olive oil on top of each pickle.
Bake for 8 minutes.  Remove pickles from oven, flip them over, put another dab of olive oil on each top and bake for another 8 minutes.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment