Sunday, May 12, 2013

Chicken Parmesan

I'm sure most people have a favorite way to make chicken Parmesan (or a trusted recipe).  I was dabbling with some variations on this and came up with one that I really like!  It's nothing fancy but I think the taste is pretty yummy!


Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 - 1 cup Whole Wheat Italian Bread Crumb (I use the brand "4c")
Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese (I eye ball the amount needed to cover the chicken)
1 small jar Prego Sauce
1 Egg White, whisked

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Whisk egg white in a small shallow bowl
Put the bread crumbs in another small shallow bowl
Dip chicken in the egg white, then in the bread crumbs.  Place chicken in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray
Bake chicken for 15 minutes.  After that time, pour sauce evenly over the chicken and put back in the oven.  Bake for another 10 minutes.  After that time, sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken and put back in the oven for about 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.  

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment